Correctional Health Research Award
The purpose of this research award is to advance correctional health research. Qualitative and quantitative research studies will be accepted for review.
- Applications from CCHNet, UCONN, and external to the UCONN will be considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to a correctional health research career; or, demonstrate an interest in, and/or will make significant contributions to correctional health research.
- Novice to expert researchers may apply.
- The principal investigator must have a graduate degree, or be enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program.
- Applicants will submit a five page proposal along with a budget, budget justification, CV, and two letters of support.
- Funding will be provided after IRB approval and the research study is ready to be implemented.
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Outcomes of the study will be presented to CCHNet and submitted for publication in JEPCH within three months of study completion. Editorial assistance is available through CCHNet as requested to assure publication.
Selection Committee Membership:
1-Consumer, 1-Clinical and 2-Academic members
Timeline for study completion:
- Study must be completed within 1-year.
- Final report and budget reconciliation is submitted within 90 days of the conclusion of the funding period.
- $1,000/ year. Proposals for funding are submitted once per year.
- Applicants can receive funding only once.
- Use of funds may include but is not limited to equipment, travel for data collection, supplies and other expenses directly related to research projects.
Proposal format: (5-pages):
- Preliminary Work- if applicable
- Research Question(s)
- Limitations/how you plan to address them
- Description of relevant institutional resources
Where applicable, the following documents should be included:
- Human subject consent (IRB approval letter)
- Copies of paper/pencil instrument(s)
- Interview format or other instruments
- Scoring instructions
- References cited in the text using the current APA format
- Letters of Support